MegaWays online slots are generally low volatility. This is because they have a lot of winning combinations that make it easier to hit regular prizes, even if they are smaller. Jackpots online slots, on the other hand, are high volatility. Since they come with a very large prize, but they pay out less regularly.
MegaWays vs Jackpots: The Big Differences
«Jackpot» has long been the golden word when it comes to online slots, a clear sign that there’s a huge amount at stake. But then came another promising online slot machine: «MegaWays».
Many online casino slots players ask, what does MegaWays mean, are MegaWays online slots better? And when it comes to choosing between MegaWays and Jackpots, which way to go? Stick with CasinoBike.com and we’ll explain everything you need to know about the best Megaways and Jackpots online slots. Rest assured that we won’t leave any question unanswered.
The first thing to say about MegaWays vs Jackpots is that they are two very different concepts. They can even be combined together, however it doesn’t happen too often as they are usually the central feature of the online slot that hosts them. MegaWays are a more recent concept of online slots that can offer up to hundreds of thousands of paylines, which converts into opportunities to win a lot of money.
A Jackpot, on the other hand, is the huge prize pot, fixed or cumulative, that falls on a lucky casino player totally at random. So, now that we have clarified what each one is, how do we decide which slot machine will benefit us the most? And which online slots for real money should we take for a cheeky spin at the best online casinos?
Well, let’s break it down even further:
- MegaWays online slots are generally low volatility. This is because they have a lot of winning combinations that make it easier to hit regular prizes, even if they are smaller.
- Jackpots online slots, on the other hand, are high volatility. Since they come with a very large prize, but they pay out less regularly.
You may also be interested in the online slots volatility article.
Still deciding between MegaWays and Jackpots slots? Then sit more comfortable and get ready to dive into the two types of online casino slots.
What are MegaWays slots?
It all started with 6-reel slots without a fixed number of reels. On each spin of those 6 reels, between 2 and 7 reels can expand when spinning. In addition, the 4 central reels have an extra square at the top.
To win, it is not necessary to line up the symbols in any specific way, they simply have to appear on the adjacent reels. So you have between a few thousand paylines on each spin, up to a maximum of 117,649 different ways to win. That’s where the name MegaWays comes from!
What are Jackpots slots?
When it comes to progressive online slots, there are 2 levels of play:
- Base game: this is the main game of an online video slot with all the standard symbols and prizes. As well as triggers that can activate a lot of other features, such as Free Spins, mini-games and much more.
- Jackpot: is the huge amount of money that can be won randomly on a winning spin or by landing certain symbols that are very hard to get.
The jackpot amount usually offered in the game already indicates how much it will cost you to get it. The jackpot amounts can vary as well, and that is because there are different types of jackpots:
- The fixed jackpot is a set amount that is reset when someone wins it. This amount will remain the same until it is won.
- The progressive or cumulative jackpot is variable and is made up of prizes that increase each time someone spins the reels. It can be shared among many online casinos and can reach crazy figures, up to $/€200,000!
But as incredible as it may seem to win a jackpot, it is very difficult to do so, which is why it is so important if someone wins one. Winning a jackpot can also come at a significant cost. It may be that the online progressive slot machine requires you to play at maximum bet to have a chance of winning the jackpot, which could cause your bankroll to diminish at a much faster rate. Let’s not forget the fact that you might need a lot of spins to get it, because we all know how hard it is to win a jackpot. You could even say that it is almost impossible.
Perhaps this is the complete answer to the Megaways vs Jackpots slots debate? Logically, there are other online slots with other types of jackpots that are less risky, even if they do not pay out the same amount of money as progressive jackpots. For example, the online slot Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar created by Gameburger Studios in collaboration with Microgaming.
This slot has a scalable fixed jackpot system which is accessed with scatter symbols.
- A minimum of 3 scatters for a fixed prize of your bet x1.
- 5 scatters for a fixed prize of your bet x15.
- A maximum of 9 scatters for a fixed jackpot is your bet x5,000!
Undoubtedly, it’s not that easy to get the full 9 scatters, but as they also happen to be stacked in this particular game, it’s a bit easier to come by than in other jackpot games. There are good odds of very juicy middle-of-the-range jackpots with Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar slot.
So having explained in detail in this article, the next conclusion is that these are 2 different features, aimed at 2 different types of audiences:
- Players who like high volatility games, slots with jackpots will certainly give you that thrill you are looking for.
- Players who prefer medium or low volatility slots with more possible winning combinations. MegaWays is the way to go, with lower risk and more moderate but more frequent prizes.
So now that you have all the information, which online slot do you choose MegaWays or Jackpots? In any case, visit the best European online casino PlayOJO Casino and have fun playing MegaWays slots and progressive online slots for sure.
Bonus code: GLUECK