Today we are going to talk about online slots volatility, which is so important that it is worth explaining the basics in detail. However, instead of dwelling on the basics of volatility, we are going to help you answer the question of many players: “what slot volatility should I play? You may have asked yourself this question sometime playing online slots at online casino.
What online slot volatility should I play?
Today we are going to talk about online slots volatility, which is so important that it is worth explaining the basics in detail. However, instead of dwelling on the basics of volatility, we are going to help you answer the question of many players: “what slot volatility should I play? You may have asked yourself this question sometime playing online slots at online casinos. And maybe it was difficult to answer, if you are not 100% familiar with the many technical terms that apply to online slot machines. So without further delay…, continue reading our article below.
Online slots volatility – what is it?
Before we get into our detailed article on the different types of online slot machine volatility, let’s do a little review. According to established criteria, online slot volatility is defined as the risk factor associated with a particular game title.
In other words, it is a indicator that helps to indicate how often and how much you can expect to win (or not to win). So, from now on, when you see the online slot volatility indicator, you can associate it with the word “risk”. This makes it an essential element when deciding which online slots to bet on. Slot volatility also gives you a good idea of your chances of winning a jackpot or winning a prize.
If you want to know which online slot volatility you should play, then you need to know the different types of volatility. There are currently 3 main types in total, plus a fourth one called “very high volatility” that makes the occasional appearance. However, we are only interested in the main volatility types: low, medium and high volatility.
Depending on the volatility level of the online slot machine you are playing, you can expect the game to behave in a certain way. For example, a low volatility online slot machine will offer you a lot of small wins. Whereas a high volatility online slot will pay you large amounts, but only very occasionally.
Logically, there are a number of other factors that come into play when it comes to deciding which online slot volatility to play. These include the return to player (RTP) rate, the maximum bet amount and whether or not the slot game is “hot” or “cold”.
Return to play (RTP)
Another very important factor when deciding the volatility of the slots you should try is the rate of return to player. We will talk more about this a little later, but for now you should note that the RTP is shown as a percentage on most online slots and online pokies. This percentage refers to the total bets that will be returned to a player over the life of the game.
Variance vs. volatility
Variance is another term you may come across when trying to decide which online slot volatility to play. Truth be told, though, it’s not that important. The reason is that variance is almost synonymous with volatility.
More experienced casino players or those who have been playing online casino games may be more accustomed to seeing variance. This is because it is a fairly old term. However, both variance and volatility mean exactly the same thing. They are terms used to describe the amount of risk inherent in an online pokie or real money online slot machine.
That said, some online casinos may tell you that variance has more to do with the long-term distribution of winnings, while volatility refers to the risks involved in playing over a short period of time. You can look at it this way if you want to split things up, but variance and volatility are simply indicators of how much you can win.
How to determine slot machine volatility
There are days when you feel like playing a high volatility online slot, while other days you feel like a slightly more moderate level of volatility. There is no general rule that says you have to play one or the other online slot to win. The choice of an online slot machine is entirely yours at the end of the day. The problem lies in not knowing which online slots volatility you should play, because you can’t find where the volatility appears. If this has happened to you before, then read on and you can find out what the volatility level of a pokie is by checking the following places.
- Read our online slot game reviews carefully. Did you know that every new online slot game that appears on CasinoBike.com, we also publish a lot of information, details about the bonus rounds and tips on the best way to win money on the particular game. In addition, we show the volatility of each new slot game we review.
- Check the rate of return to player (RTP). Another good indicator of a slot volatility is the rate of return to player, also known as (RTP). RTP is a very different metric than volatility, however, both offer an idea of how much you can expect to win. If a slot machine is programmed to offer a high RTP, there is a chance that it will also have a high volatility. This means that even if you don’t walk away with a lot of winnings right away, you should still collect a decent amount over a long period of time.
What online slot volatility to play?
This is probably one of the most important aspects of this article. If you want to know what volatility of online slots you should play, this small section will be useful for you. However, remember that the choice is always yours. The following tips are to give some information to beginner players on the concept of volatility. In this way, you can make your own decisions with enough knowledge to play online slots for real money.
When should I play high volatility slots?
If you have ever dreamed of becoming a millionaire, high volatility online slots should be your bread and butter. Of course, they are high risk, but if you have a betting strategy, it’s only a matter of time.
Play high volatility online slots if you prefer big payouts to small prizes and have a decent bankroll. You will also need a bit of patience, as high volatility online slots only trigger from time to time.
3 tips for winning at high volatility slots
- Stick to your budget. If you choose to play high volatility online slots, you better have a sufficient budget. More importantly, stick to it.
- Remember to take necessary breaks. High volatility online slots don’t pay out that often, but when they do it’s a beautiful and exciting thing. With this in mind, remember to take breaks from time to time.
- Start with small bets. Don’t bet big from the start. Start with smaller amounts and then increase the size of your bet gradually. Surely, you don’t want to lose everything on the first few spins.
When should I play medium volatility slots?
For casino players looking for the perfect compromise between high and low volatility online slots, there is nothing better than a medium volatility title.
In theory, medium volatility slots should offer higher payouts than low volatility titles. They should also pay out more regularly than a high volatility online pokie. So if you’re someone who likes to balance moments of excitement with some fun, then a medium volatility slot is probably for you.
3 tips to win at medium volatility slots
- Choose titles with a high RTP. To maximize your payout potential on a medium volatility slot, we recommend that you only play titles with an RTP of 90% or higher (Plentiful Treasure, Bubble Bubble 2).
- Manage your expectations. To avoid disappointment, always approach each game with a fresh mind. This way, you’ll be prepared in case you get a lot of small wins and fail to snag a big one.
- Look for medium volatility progressive slots. You can vary your medium volatility winnings with an online slot that has a progressive jackpot for bigger, better and more exciting payouts.
When should I play low volatility slots?
Finally, we come to low volatility online slots. These types of online slots offer you a higher chance of winning, but the payouts are quite modest. Generally, low volatility slots are less exciting than their high or even medium volatility counterparts. That said, they will still appeal to players who love the thrill of a win, no matter how big the payout.
3 tips for winning at low-volatility slots
- Don’t disregard your bankroll. Just because you don’t bet a lot of money doesn’t mean you don’t need a cash budget. After all, don’t forget that the games that win the most in an online casino are always the 1 cent online slots.
- Attention to the bonus rounds. A low volatility online slot machine can have some pretty lucrative bonus rounds. Check the list of online casino slot games to find out if a low volatility title has any payout potential.
- Celebrate your winnings. A win is a win and it doesn’t matter how small it is. So don’t forget to celebrate each one. After all, playing for real money at online casino is no fun if you don’t appreciate every win.
Discover the best low, medium and high volatility slots at the best online casino sites.
Deposit $10 or more & get 100% Bonus up to $400
Promo Code: WELCOME100