Best Kahnawake Gaming Commission Licensed Online Casinos
The Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake is a sovereign jurisdiction located just outside of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission was created in 1996, and since July 1999 has licensed and regulated Internet gaming long before any jurisdiction in the world.
Websites that are licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission are hosted by Mohawk Internet Technologies, a recognized data center and ISP located in the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake.
Kahnawake Gaming License (KGC)
For over 10 years the Kahnawake Gaming Commission has licensed, and regulated a variety of interactive gaming sites. It was one of the first jurisdictions to take advantage of the opportunity that the interactive gaming industry offered.
The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is an official gaming regulatory body that licenses and regulates a large number of online casinos, online poker rooms and online sports betting sites, as well as three land-based poker rooms that are located in the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake in Canada.
Types of Licenses granted by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission:
- Interactive Gaming License (IGL): only granted to a host company within the territory. Only one license has been issued, as they are only issued at any given time. Mohawk Internet Technologies is the license holder.
- Client Provider Authorization (CPA): this license is granted to organizations that wish to offer Internet gambling, such as casinos, poker rooms and/or sports betting. They must have as their headquarters the hosting structure that holds the IGL license. The holder of this license is called the Authorized Client Provider.
- Secondary Customer Provider Authorization (Secondary CPA): this license is very similar to the CPA, however, it applies to companies that wish to offer the interactive gaming service from the local host, but their main place of operation is another jurisdiction recognized by the Commission. They must comply with all the requirements imposed by the Commission, with the exception of displaying the Kahnawake Gaming Commission logo.
- Key Person License (KPL): the license is granted to a person, who has administrative functions, on behalf of the company holding the CPA license. The information contained in the KPL is confidential.
An Approved Agent is an entity that works for or on behalf of the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) to ensure that interactive gaming activities are conducted properly.
The KGC may appoint an Approved Agent to perform the following functions:
- Conduct investigations to determine whether the applicant or license holder is suitable to offer Internet gambling in Kahnawake.
- Ensure through testing, auditing and monitoring systems that the applicant or license holder has the necessary level of technical knowledge to offer Internet gaming in Kahnawake.
- Assist in the implementation of ongoing compliance programs for each gaming operation licensed by the KGC.
Join any of the Kahnawake online casino sites on our list
One of the licenses issued by Kahnawake is the “Interjurisdictional Authorization”. This license is granted to those who already hold a valid license in another country with regulated gambling. Kahnawake also has special cooperation agreements with the Curacao Gaming Control Board and the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
Check out the listed online casinos that meet the regulatory standards of this licensing regulator Kahnawake Gaming Commission and find out more information about each individual online casino website.