UK Gambling Commission License
Top list of our best rated UK Gambling Commission casinos in 2020.
If you’ve played at internet casinos for any length of time, you will be aware that various licensing jurisdictions exist. These provide gambling licenses to operators, which effectively gives them the right to offer their gambling services to you, legally. There are a few heavy hitters out there, but the UK Gambling Commission is arguably the most reputable and famous of the bunch.
About the UK Gambling Commission
The United Kingdom has always had governing bodies to monitor gambling. However, the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) didn’t come into its own until 2014. Before then, the organisation’s jurisdiction was limited to the land-based betting world. Following law changes that year, the UKGC took overall control of the professional standards for the online betting industry in Britain. The UK Gambling Commission is one of the strictest regulators around. A casino must work hard to obtain a license from the UKGC, which naturally grants the operator the right to provide its services to players in the country. Any casino which doesn’t strictly adhere to the regulations set forth by the UKGC could end up having its license revoked.
The UKGC’s Objectives
The United Kingdom’s gambling authority is a tough nut to crack and operators who try their luck haven’t had any success getting around their requirements. Some of the objectives of the UKGC include the following:
- Ensuring that a casino clearly displays any promotions terms and conditions in full.
- Regulated sites and games to ensure that players have a fair chance of winning and that RNG (random number generator) technology is used.
- Making sure that casinos allow players to set deposit and gameplay limits.
- Requesting casinos to adhere to responsible gambling programs, and to force sites to provide access to cool-off and self-exclusion periods for their players.
- Paying their share of income tax to the UK Government when offering their services to UK players.
- Prohibiting the use of misleading catchy terms, such as “free spins” or “free money” when deposits are involved.
- Ensuring that all casinos are legitimate and are operating in the UK legally
and generally ensuring that each casino behaves in a way so that players can enjoy their gaming experiences by promoting fair and responsible gambling.
Of course, the UK Gambling Commission does a great deal more than this, but the points listed above are the main takeaways.
Arguably the Safest Casinos Are UK Gambling Commission Licensed
As you can see, the UK Gambling Commission is one of the strictest authorities when it comes to doling out licenses. Any casino which doesn’t fit the bill won’t get anywhere near obtaining a license, and any casino which doesn’t have a UKGC license is prohibited from offering their services to UK players. Given how many hoops the UK Gambling Commission makes casinos jump through to obtain such a license, as well as the constant checks and regulation changes an operator must make to keep up with UKGC standards; any online casino sporting such a permit can easily be classified as one of the safest, legal casinos on the net.